12 ounces linguine pasta
1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid- I just used some fresh cut up tomato
1/2 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/4- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes- I used half and it was too much for our kids
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
2 large sprigs basil, chopped
4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (regular broth and NOT low sodium)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Parmesan cheese for garnish
Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.
Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .
Season to taste with salt and pepper , stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot. Serve garnished with parmesan cheese.
Friday, August 30, 2013
Friday, August 16, 2013
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded BBQ chicken
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tbsp White Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2-4 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped
- cilantro for garnish
- In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, corn, black beans, chicken and avocado. Season with salt and pepper
- Transfer mixture onto a bowl and top with shredded cheese, BBQ sauce, scallions and cilantro.
- Serve warm or at room temperature