Friday, January 1, 2010
Garlic Shrimp and Scallops
30 minutes/15 minutes preparation
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons garlic, slivered
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined
1/2 pound bay scallop
1/2 teaspoon paprika
4 tablespoons chicken broth
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and saute until it begins to brown.
3. Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Add the pepper flakes to the skillet and increase the heat to medium high.
5. Add the garlic, shrimp, scallops, and paprika. Saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the chicken broth and cook for 1 minutes.
7. Remove the shrimp an scallops with a slotted spoon, place on a platter; set aside and keep warm.
8. Add the lime juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste to the pan and just heat through.
9. Pour the sauce over the shrimp and scallops and serve immediately.
133 Calories per serving